How to Save Money on the Cost of Painting Your Home Exterior
Painting a house can be expensive, especially if there are necessary repairs to be done on the surface before the repainting job begins. But there are many ways you can save on the cost. A few tricks will help you achieve a good-looking home without breaking your budget.
- Choose a new paint color similar to the existing one. If you’re not planning to go bolder, you can keep your old colors as a primer. As result, you will only have to purchase the final coating.
- Avoid dark paint colors. Darker colors will need more coats to achieve the correct saturation. They also fade faster than lighter colors. Moreover, trending colors nowadays include lighter shades and pastels. Light colors can give a light and airy feel to your home. Feel free to check out some of the best colors that you can choose for your home here.
- Get multiple bids. By getting competitive estimates from various painting professionals, you can find the best price for your budget. Even so, make sure what the inclusions are for the estimates you are getting. Don’t merely rely on the price. Some companies offer clients a very low estimate to attract prospects but compromise outcomes.
- Do some of the work yourself. For simple painting jobs like painting your room or one face of drywall, you don’t have to hire a pro. You can follow some painting tips and get the job done by yourself. Except for complicated jobs that require being looked at by experts, you can still achieve a great painting job yourself.
- Get a contract. Make sure you get the estimate and work agreement in writing from your contractor. The contract will normally set the guidelines about how long will the prep work go, what paint brands the contractors are going to use, and many more.
- Be prepared with the questions that you will have to ask your contractors before a painting job begins. Knowing the type of painting job and other things surrounding it will help you budget your money. The following are some questions you can ask your painting contractor:
- Will I pay for an estimate?
- How long will it take you to paint my house?
- What type of preparations will be involved?
- What type of paint brands will you use?
- Do your workers have insurance?
- Does your work come with a warranty?
Overall, you can also ask the painting contractor whether they have done similar jobs in the neighborhood. Then you can check and see them for yourself. If you need help from a professional painting contractor, we can help you. Feel free to contact BGB Painting at 480-570-7592 for an estimate.